You’re probably wondering, “What in the actual fuck am I looking at here??”
Well I’m here to tell you. Obviously. It’s the result of a fun group game that my office played during our holiday party last week, and I thought I would attempt to alter it to accommodate upcoming New Year’s Eve shenanigans.
This game was easy: each person gets a paper plate (like, real paper otherwise you can’t draw on them too well) and a pen/marker. The plate goes flat on your head and you have to draw the scene described to you. In the case of my holiday party, the directions were:
- Draw a line. That is your floor. Oh man this is easy, I can probably do this.
- Draw a Christmas tree. On the floor. Ok…..I put my arm down after drawing the floor to drink my beer, now I can’t find the FUCKING floor…
- Draw a mantle/fireplace. On the floor. Beside the tree. Holy…ok I didn’t move my arm this time, surely I can manage to not set this tree on fire. I’m even making a chimney for this bitch so the fire has somewhere to vent…drawing some flames too….man I’m totally rocking this…
- Draw a star on top of the tree. We’re going BACK TO THE TREE??? How do I find it…
- Draw a stocking on the mantle. OMFG nooooooooooooooo…
- Draw a present under the tree. Screw this, I’m drawing a square and chugging the rest of my beer…
After that shit was done, all our arms were achy but we were dying with laughter. There’s a point system for scoring the drawing, and we had fun gifts for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place drawers.
Here’s my idea for a New Year’s version of the game:
- Draw a line. That is your floor.
- Draw another line. That is your ceiling. We celebrate inside around here, too fucking cold for that outdoor shit.
- Draw a table with drinks on it. Gotta have them drinks.
- Draw a disco ball on the ceiling. It’s a fucking party, after all.
- Draw at least one person on the floor, not in the drinks. If they’re in the drinks, they’re too drunk.
- Draw “11:59” on the wall above the drink table. It’s a countdown, obviously.
The point system could be something like this:
- Two points if your floor and ceiling don’t touch. That’s just a given.
- Two points if your drink table touches the floor at all. Gravity is real.
- One additional point for each drink touching the table. Shots shots shots.
- Two points if your disco ball is below the line of the ceiling. Preeeeety.
- Two points if your person is not in the fucking drinks. Dammit, Sharon.
- Three points if your person is dancing. Get down with your bad self.
- One point for each additional person on that zesty dancefloor. Friends are cool.
- Two points if “11:59” is legible in any way. That’s really all you can expect on this.
Y’all will have to let me know how this goes if you try it, because I don’t actually know enough people outside of work to try this and our office is closed for the holiday.
May this dumpster-fire of a year come to a relatively peaceful close tomorrow, and I’ll catch y’all on the flipside.